Monday, September 08, 2008

Baby Steps

Realizing that I have 3 weeks until I return to full-time work outside the home, I decided I need ease my way into what I think life will be like.
Step One: Get dressed and showered (not necessarily in this order) before 10am. No problem, got it done by 8am today.
Step Two: Try to feed T-bird from a bottle during the hours I'll be at work. Also success, although funny thing is I can't use the same bottle John uses.
Step Three: Begin thinking about work. Ok, I checked work email and whoa baby, I'll move this task to step 27 or something.
Step Four: Reward yourself with a pastry from Panera. Done and done.

I also realized that I haven't been away from this little cutie for more than a 2 hour stretch. I think this calls for a date night and a babysitter. Maybe step 15ish . . . after a few more pastries.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Good luck with all the "baby steps". I think you'll find that you will LOVE having a night out with just you and your hubby! Maybe move it to step 10!

Nate Nelson Trio+ said...

"Baby Steps" are the way to go! Don't worry - your brain will feel mushy for a day or two but it all comes back!! Nothing beats the feeling of coming home to a little one who thinks you hung the moon!! If I dawdle too long during drop-off now Ruthie says "Mama go to work!" But when I pick her up she comes running!!

Sara said...

Thanks, Tina! I'm needing the pep talk about now.