Friday, May 26, 2006

Update 2

Today is Friday, and I got a little computer time again. Here is a quick update before class:
Wednesday my group worked on our project until a little after 5:00. I then hopped the underground to meet Sara and Bev, who were at Schonnbrunn Palace. It was closed by the time I got there, but the gardens were really cool. Sara and Bev said the palace was great also.

After wandering a bit, we met up with Borjana (see previous post). We had a great time. We went back to the hotel very late.

Thursday we got up, breakfasted and hopped a train to Melk, a town around 85km west of Vienna. It is a quant little town with a fantastic Benedictine Abby, which we toured. Very cool stuff. After the Abby tour we jumped on a boat down the Danube to the town of Krems. It took around 1.5 hours and was one of the prettiest boat rides I have ever been on. The banks were wooded mountains dotted with little villages, churches, old castles (a few looked as though they had been burninated) and other medieval and rennaisance architecture. Definitely the highlight of the day. We would definitely come back. After a nice dinner it was back to our seperate hotels and sleep.

Today I have more class, and once our group is comfortable with our project status I am hopping a train to Salzburg with Sara and Bev for the weekend. My group is actually going to Prague, so we will definitely finish before 3:00. Sara and Bev are going to meet Malena´s brother today, so that will be fun for them. Until next time, I hope you all are enjoying the updates....

1 comment:

treeguy said...

mmm... Burninate the countryside? Now we know where the adventures of Trogdor are based from.